HELP THE POLICE – HELP YOUR NEIGHBORS – HELP YOURSELF
A couple of very simple, basic precautions will go a long way in helping the police and yourself protect your family and your property:
- Keep valuables out of sight (PDAs, Laptops, CDs, briefcases, and fancy stereos).
- Lock your car (in your garage if possible, and certainly in your driveway).
- Close and lock your garage.
- Investigate suspicious noises – or call the police – immediately. Don’t wait until morning.
- Leave your yard light on all night.
- Report suspicious persons or cars to the police immediately.
- Make sure all the outside lights to your home are in good working order and illuminated at night or use motion detector lights.
- Lock all doors and windows.
- Leave interior lights on when you’re gone.
- Keep your vehicle locked at all times and valuables out of site or removed from vehicle.
- Get an alarm for your home.
- Have someone mow your grass, shovel your snow, pick up your mail to give the appearance someone is home.
- Have someone you trust check on your property while you are gone.
- Put your bicycles away at night and lock them up if you plan on leaving them unattended for any length of time.
OTHER SAFETY RESOURCES:
Call 262-877-9056 to report suspicious activity.
These simple guidelines apply to both commercial and residential properties and will help keep Twin Lakes a safe community.