Primary – February 21, 2023 Election Results
- No Provisional Ballots were issued at the February 21, 2023 Primary Election.
Spring – April 4, 2023 Election Results
- No Provisional Ballots were issued at the April 4, 2023 Spring Election.
Polls Open 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
** PHOTO ID is required for ALL Elections **
NOTICE OF PUBLIC TEST
Notice is hereby given that the Public Test of the ES&S Model DS200 Digital Image Scanner, and Express Vote units to be used at the April 4, 2023 Election will be conducted at the Twin Lakes Village Hall, 105 E Main St, Twin Lakes, WI on March 30, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. All candidates and interested members of the Public are welcome to attend.
Sabrina Waswo, Village Clerk
Voting and Voter Registration: Voting in Twin Lakes takes place at the Village Hall Community Center. Voter registration is available at www.myvote.wi.gov, during regular business hours of the Village offices, and at the polls on Election Day. To find your ward, review the Voting Ward Map.
To qualify as an elector in the Village of Twin Lakes the following must be met:
- Citizen of the United States of America
- 18 years of age or older on or before election day
- have resided in the Village of Twin Lakes for at least 28 consecutive days with no present intent to move
- not currently serving a sentence including incarceration, parole, probation or extended supervision for a felony conviction and not otherwise disqualified from voting.
You may request an Absentee Ballot at www.myvote.wi.gov. Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. The elector must be registered to vote and provide proof of identification before an absentee ballot may be issued.
ABSENTEE BALLOT BY MAIL
DEADLINE to make an application to receive an absentee ballot by mail is 5:00 pm on Thursday, March 30, 2023 (the fifth day before the election).
Special absentee voting application provisions and deadlines apply to electors who are indefinitely confined to home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized, or serving as a sequestered juror.
In Person Absentee Voting for the Election will be held at:
Village of Twin Lakes – Community Room
105 E Main St, P.O. Box 1024
Twin Lakes, WI 53181
ABSENTEE VOTING HOURS:
March 21 – 24 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
March 27 – March 30 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
March 31 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
No in person absentee voting may occur on a weekend or legal holiday. The municipal clerk will deliver voted absentee ballots returned on or before Election Day to the polling place before the polls close.
ALL absentee ballots must be received by the close of polls (8:00 p.m.) on Election Day.
* NEW *
Absentee ballots must be returned by:
2. Personally delivered to the Municipal Clerk’s Office, 105 E. Main St., Twin Lakes
• Under the Voting Rights Act, a voter requiring ballot return assistance due to a disability may select any person to serve as their agent providing ballot return assistance, provided that the person is not the voter’s employer, an agent of their employer, or an officer or agent of the voter’s union.
Absentee Ballots are not allowed to be returned through a drop box. Any Absentee Ballot placed in the Village Hall Drop Box will be rejected at the polls.
Election Officials, or Poll Workers, facilitate the right to vote and maintain order at the polls on Election Day. They ensure that our elections are open, fair, impartial, and trusted. One of the most rewarding ways to become involved in the election process is to become an Election Official. Interested? APPLY HERE.
Interest in Running for Village Trustee? Check out the Candidate Qualification Requirements! Signatures can be obtained starting December 1st. All documents need to be submitted to Village Clerk Sabrina Waswo no later than 5:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of January.