The Village’s Building and Zoning Department’s function is to protect Village residents and businesses and to enforce Federal, State and local building and zoning rules. The Building and Zoning Official provides plan review and inspection services as well as oversees zoning and land use in the Village. Residents are encouraged to speak with the Building and Zoning Official prior to any construction, remodeling or alteration to their properties to ensure that the proper permits are received and that the work is properly installed and inspected.
Jared Shortess, Building Inspector/Code Enforcement
Ellis Border, Building Inspector
Julie Harms, Deputy Clerk/Building & Zoning Assistant
108 East Main Street
P.O. Box 1024
Twin Lakes WI 53181
Inspector Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday – 12:30pm to 2:00pm.
Phone: (262) 877-3700
Inspections by appointment.
Building Permit Applications, Fee Schedule and documents can be found here.
- Final determination of ALL fees will be set by the Building Inspector.
Building Official Tips:
- Locate smoke and carbon monoxide detectors at appropriate locations throughout your home or business, especially near sleeping areas. The batteries on these devices should be checked regularly and replaced at least twice per year. A good reminder is to change the batteries when the clocks change in Spring and Fall.
- Make a regular habit of inspecting or having your air conditioning units inspected each spring before startup. Inspection should include changing of filters and cleaning of the cooling coils.
- Take time this spring to clean or have cleaned your gutters. While those gutters are getting cleaned, carefully inspect your roof to ensure that winter weather has not damaged or loosened roofing material.
- Each fall be sure to refresh the calking around your house and have your furnace inspected and filters changed. If you’ve got one, clean out the fireplace. Also, take time to check exposed pipes and get them insulated against cold weather.