7/31/17 10:30am UPDATE: We continue to be at SNW levels. The lakes must drop 1.7″ before we can lift the SNW restrictions. We hope to be able to lift SNW before the weekend. There is rain in the forecast for Wednesday and Thursday, so fingers crossed we stay dry! We will check the level again on Wednesday and will report the findings.
7/28/17 2:00pm UPDATE: The lakes continue to drop. This heat and breeze will help! 3″ left to go. SLOW NO WAKE is still in effect.
7/24/17 3:50pm UPDATE: After receiving 1.07 inches of rain since Friday, we have seen lake levels rise. The lake went up 1.4 inches since Wednesday, July 19. The lakes need to drop 5″ before Slow No Wake can be lifted. At an average 3/4″ drop per day, we ESTIMATE lakes being at Slow No Wake levels for the remainder of this week. We will be monitoring the lake level closely and will give an official ruling on opening the lakes for the weekend once we measure the lake level on Friday. Rain is in the forecast Thursday which may affect lake levels. In summary, lakes are still OPEN but all watercraft must operate at SLOW NO WAKE speed. We understand the frustrations but thank you for your patience and cooperation as we monitor lake levels to protect our lakefront.
7/24/17 10:45am UPDATE: Both Lakes are still under Slow No Wake restrictions. Both lakes are OPEN to boaters, but all watercraft must operate at Slow No Wake speed. The lake level will be measured this afternoon, check back after 4pm for an updated lake level. The digital sensor is not currently operational and is being recalibrated. Manual readings will occur every other day until SNW is lifted. We have been averaging about 3/4 in. drop in lake elevation per day. It is anticipated that SNW will not be lifted for at least 5 days. However the Village will continue to monitor the situation and will lift the SNW restriction as soon as it is safe. Thank you for your patience as we safeguard our lakes during these periods of high water.